Title – Ayurvedic treatment Can convert Positive Stress Test into Negative & also can improve Ejection Fraction
Presented by -- Dr.Sachin Sarpotdar & Prof.Dr.R.R.Deshpande
Key word – Cardiovascular System,Stress Test
A 70 years old male patient ,named Nishikant Pandey wt 78 Kg ,from Pune came 2 years ago( 30-8-12) with complaints of Exertional Dyspnoea ,since last 4 years.He was taking Allopathic Medicines as Tab Deplatt(Clopidogrel),Anti coagulant,75 mg 1 OD,Tab Losar H (Losartone 50 & Hydroclorazide) ,Anti hypertensive,1 OD .Still complaints were there .His Stress Test was Positive & 2D Echo showed EF 43 % on .Patient was not willing for Angiography or further Interventions like Angioplasty or CABG .So he started Ayurvedic Treatment .Treatment was given for last 2 years with time to time changes as per symptoms as follows
1) On 30-8-12 – c/o Dyspnoea on exertion – Punarnavasav 3 tsf BD,Maha yogaraj Guggulu 2 tds,Tab Shrungarabhra & Hrudayar nava rasa ( Baidyanath) 2 BD each .Panchakarma for 10 days – Snehana & Swedan .Hrud basti with Punnarnavadi oil .Alternate Anuwasan with Punarnavadi oil & Niruha with Dashamul & Triphala – 550 ml .
2) On 26-9-12 – Arogyawardhini 2 bd ,Mahayogaraj guggulu 2 bd ,Hrudayarnav rasa 1 bd,Punarnavasav 3 tsf bd ,Gandharva haritaki powder 2 tsf hs ,Dashamul bharad 25 gms packets were given & ask to prepare fresh decoction at home & take 80 ml daily .Patient is advised to walk 40 min every day .Avoid Spicy & oily food & take Dudhi bhopala (White gourd) ,Tondale(Ivy gourd) ,Padwal ( snake gourd).
3) On 25-10-12 – Patient’s feed back – previously he became breatless after climbing 15 steps but now he can climb 35 steps ,without breatless .Same treatment was continued
4) On 26-12-12 – Patient was able to walk for 2 km ,without breathlessness.Same treatment continued
5) On 15-1-13 – c/o Breatlessness recur in last 4 days .O/E Paedal oedema ,facial oedema .H/O – Consumed Legumes like Pavta,Vatana,Harbhara .So in addition to routine treatment ,Patient was given Tab Sukhasarak & Lashunadi 2 each ,HS ,for 10 days
6) On 5-2-13 – No specific complaints .So previous treatment was continued .
7) On 12-6-13 – There was Oedema on legs & Breathlessness since 6 days .So Gokshuradi Guggul 2 tds for 10 days was advised in addition to previous treatment
8) On 12-8-13 – C/O – Physical fatigue in the evening & dyspnoea on exertion since 10 days – So treatment given was Punarnava mandur 1 tds,Dashamul & Punarnava Bharad Kadha BD,Arogyavardhini 2 tds,Shrunga bhasma 125 mg BD,Arjunarishta 2 tsf BD
9) On 17-12-13 – C/O Midsternal chest pain ,occasional dyspnoea after climbing staircase .Also he was resistant to Sukhasarak vati .Treatment given was –Punarnava mandur 1 bd,Arogyavardhini 2bd,Shrunga bhasma 125 mg BD,Arjunarishta 2 tsf BD,Abhayadi Modak 1 hs ,twice a week
10) On 9-1-14 C/O – Chest pain .Phone advice was given – Rub dry ginger powder on chest & take 1 tsf Owa (Ahwayan) with warm water
11) On 11-1-14 - Investigations was done in Ruby Alicare services in YCM Hospital ,Pimpri .Blood sugar was found raised first time as Fating 170 & PP 253 mg % .LDL Cholesterol was 67.0 mg /100 ml .This is less( Normal 85 to 150) But Stress Test was Negative & Ejection Fraction was found increased from 43% to 60 % .These are encouraging results to continue Ayurvedic Treatments
Conclusion – Ayurvedic treatment can also show Changes in Objective Parameters like stress test & Ejection Fraction.
Shrungarabhra,Hrudayarnavarasa,Prnarnavasav,Arjunarishta are Good .Try them.
Visit us at – www.ayurvedicfriend.com