Diabetes Mellitus & Ayurvedic Treatment
By – Prof.Dr.R.R.deshpande ( MD in Chikitsa & MD in Kriya)
Mobile – 922 68 10 630
Matter his from my own book –
Ayurved for General Practitioner ,Proficient Publication
(1) Primary diabetes mellitus (DM) : No definite cause
(a) Insuline dependant diabetes mellitus (IDDM)
(b) Non-insuline dependant diabetes mellitus (NIDDM)
(2) Gestational diabetes mellitus (GDM): First recognized during pregnancy & subsides after that.
(3) Impaired glucose tolerance (IGT)
(4) Potential abnormality of glucose tolerance(PAGT)
(5) Latent abnormality of glucose tolerance (LAGT)
(6) Secondary diabetes mellitus, associated with known conditions & symptoms.
(a) Endocrine : Acromegaly, cushing.s syndrome, congenital
absence of Islet.s cells.
(b) Metabolic : Iron overload, pancreatic calcification, drug
induced : steroids, thiazide diuretics.
(1) Fasting & Post Glucose blood sugar – For Not Known Diabetic
( 2) Fasting & Post prandial blood sugar – For Known Diabetic
(2) Complete GTT . Glucose tolerance test.—If Fasting & Post Glucose values are on borderline .Here 5 blood samples are taken like fasting & then Glucose water .Then every half an hour till 2 hours
(3) Modified GTT --- Due to Economical restraint ,it is alternative to Complete GTT .Fasting sample .Then Glucose water & then 1 hour & 2 hour sample .Total 3 samples
(4) Glycosylated Hb . to get idea about average blood sugar
level, for a particular period like in last 3 months.It should be below 7
To check for complications in time – Once in a year ---- Regular Retinoscopy from Ophthalmologist to rule out Diabetic Retinopathy. Blood pressure,ECG & 2D Echo to check Ischaemic Changes in heart ,Blood Urea & Creatinine –to rule out Diabetic Nephropathy
According to Ayurveda ,main classification is made as per Santarponattha or Apatarponnath patho Physiology is there
Shilajit ,Medohar Guggulu are better for Santarponnatha ( Over nutrition ) & Vasantkusumakar is better for Apatarponntha ( Under nutrition & Oja Kshaya)
Detox with Vaman ( after Deepan Pachan with Agni tundi ,Aamapachak vti) is more indicated in Santarponnatha
(1) Chandraprabha 2 Tab. 3 times a day
(2) Jasad Bhasma 100 mg. + Suvarnamakshika Bhasma 125
mg. 3 times a day
(3) Jambvasava 3 tablespoon with equal amount of water after meals.
(4) Vasant kusumakar Rasa 1 Tab. Everyday with beetle leaf & milk.
(5) Tab.DBN (Indian pharmaceutical co.) 2 Tab. 3 times a day.
(1) Madhumeha Vati (HP) 2 Tab. 3 times a day
(2) Arogyavardhini Vati 2 Tab. 3 times a day
(3) Madhumeha Kadha (HP) 4 tablespoon with equal amount of water after meals.
(4) Rasayana Churna (HP) 1 tablespoon 2 times a day
(1) Jasad Bhasma 50 mg + Vanga Bhasma 125 mg + Suddha Shilajit 50 mg + Suvarnamakshika Bhasma
50 mg + Shrungabhasma 50 mg + Praval Bhasma
50 mg 3 times a day.
(i) Bangshil (A) : 2 tab. 3 times a day.
(ii) Fortege (A) 2 Tab. 2 times a day
(iii) Asanad (AYR) 2 Tab. 3 times a day
(i) Teliya Asana Bharada (ASS) . Soke 8 tablespoon overnight, filter & drink it in the morning
(ii) Suddha Shilajit (ASS) 500 mg. to 1000 mg. a day
(iii) Shilajit Vati (A) 2 to 4 Tab. 3 times a day
(iv) JK 22 (C) 2 Tab. 2 times a day
(i) Haridra + Amalaki Churna 2 tablespoon at bed time with
(ii) Tarkeshwara Rasa (B) 1 Tab. 2 times a day
(iii) Vasantatilak Rasa (Suvarna Mauktika yukta) 1Tab. 2 times a day with milk.
(i) Madhumehari Yoga (B) 2Tab. 3 times a day
(ii) Madhutard (Zandu) one sachet in a glass of water before
(iii) Trivangashila (Zandu) 2 to 4 Tab. 2 times a day before meals.
(iv) DBT (Sharangdhara) 2 tab. 2 times day.
Tab. DBT of Sharangadhar Pharma ,Pune – (Gudmar, Jambu beej churna etc. )- Dr.RRD had done a research on it, shows 100 % result. Start with 1 BD with the allopathic medicine which patient is consuming. Every Sunday patient should check BSL on glucometer, gradually dose can be increased up to 2BD or 2TDS but here allopathy medicine should be reduced or stopped.
It is open appeal to all ,use Tab DBT -- & send your experiences to me on – firstname.lastname@example.org
(1) Check for Food, Exercise and Medicine daily.
(2) Always avoid unnecessary intake of water.
(3) Always use fried flour of wheat, rice, Barley, Black gram etc. before use.
(4) Make sure that patient takes plenty of bitter guard and leafy vegetables in food.
(5) Try to take astringent, pungent and bitter medicine everyday such as Haritaki + Haridra + Jambu beeja + Methi Beeja
(6) Control weight.
(7) Avoid sleep as soon as meals and especially during the day time.
(8) Everyday at least for 1 hour exert yourself.